Soap Note 1 Acute Conditions (15 Points) Due 06/15/2019
Pick any Acute Disease from Weeks 1-5 (see syllabus)
Soap notes will be uploaded to Moodle and put through TURN-It-In (anti-Plagiarism program)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Turn it in Score must be less than 50% or will not be accepted for credit, must be your own work and in your own words. You can resubmit, Final submission will be accepted if less than 50%. Copy paste from websites or textbooks will not be accepted or tolerated. Please see College Handbook with reference to Academic Misconduct Statement.
Late Assignment Policy
Assignments turned in late will have 1 point taken off for every day assignment is late, after 7 days assignment will get grade of 0. No exceptions
Follow the MRU Soap Note Rubric as a guide:
This sheet is to help you understand what we are looking for, and what our margin remarks might be about on your write ups of patients. Since at all of the white-ups that you hand in are uniform, this represents what MUST be included in every write-up.
1) Identifying Data (___5pts): The opening list of the note. It contains age, sex, race, marital status, etc. The patient complaint should be given in quotes. If the patient has more than one complaint, each complaint should be listed separately (1, 2, etc.) and each addressed in the subjective and under the appropriate number.
2) Subjective Data (___30pts.): This is the historical part of the note. It contains the following:
a) Symptom analysis/HPI(Location, quality , quantity or severity, timing, setting, factors that make it better or worse, and associate manifestations.(10pts).
b) Review of systems of associated systems, reporting all pertinent positives and negatives (10pts).
c) Any PMH, family hx, social hx, allergies, medications related to the complaint/problem (10pts). If more than one chief complaint, each should be written u in this manner.
3) Objective Data(__25pt.): Vital signs need to be present. Height and Weight should be included where appropriate.
a) Appropriate systems are examined, listed in the note and consistent with those identified in 2b.(10pts).
b) Pertinent positives and negatives must be documented for each relevant system.
c) Any abnormalities must be fully described. Measure and record sizes of things (likes moles, scars). Avoid using “ok”, “clear”, “within normal limits”, positive/ negative, and normal/abnormal to describe things. (5pts).
4) Assessment (___10pts.): Diagnoses should be clearly listed and worded appropriately.
5) Plan (___15pts.): Be sure to include any teaching, health maintenance and counseling along with the pharmacological and non-pharmacological measures. If you have more than one diagnosis, it is helpful to have this section divided into separate numbered sections.
6) Subjective/ Objective, Assessment and Management and Consistent (___10pts.): Does the note support the appropriate differential diagnosis process? Is there evidence that you know what systems and what symptoms go with which complaints? The assessment/diagnoses should be consistent with the subjective section and then the assessment and plan. The management should be consistent with the assessment/ diagnoses identified.
7) Clarity of the Write-up(___5pts.): Is it literate, organized and complete?
Total Score: ____________ Instructor: __________________________________