that was the hypothesis (or hypotheses) under investigation?
In this assignment, students will review a microbial journal article.
Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source that uses a microbe as a model organism/system and write a comprehensive summary of the study that answers the following questions: (SSIs is the organism or system I choose)
Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source that uses a microbe as a model organism/system.
NOTE: Many free articles may be obtained from http://www.pubmed.gov or visit the WCU library.
Write a summary of the study that includes:
- Why did the scientists perform the study (i.e., description of background)?
- What was the hypothesis (or hypotheses) under investigation?
- What were the major results and did they support or negate the hypothesis? Which key techniques were used to achieve these results?
- Why are the results significant and do they point to further/future studies? In other words, why does this article matter and what should or could be done next?
- Why did you choose this particular article to review? Was it interesting, informative, clearly written, or none of the above?
Compose your review in APA format and include:
- A title page
- Answers to the questions above in paragraph format (5 pages written) no cover page
- A reference page with the reference for your article and any other sources used in your review.