Assignment: Evidence-Based Project, Part 5: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4.
- Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change.
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project)
Part 5: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
- Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
- Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
- Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
- Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
- Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
- A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the evaluation table (1 slide)
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the levels of evidence table (1 slide)
- An explanation about what you learned from completing the outcomes synthesis table (1 slide)