The Assignment: (1 page)
Create a 1-page fact sheet that your healthcare organization could hypothetically use to explain the health or nursing informatics policy/regulation you selected. Your fact sheet should address the following:
- Briefly and generally explain the policy or regulation you selected.
- Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on system implementation.
- Address the impact of the policy or regulation you selected on clinical care, patient/provider interactions, and workflow.
- Highlight organizational policies and procedures that are/will be in place at your healthcare organization to address the policy or regulation you selected. Be specific.
This week you will complete the Week 11 Assignment, ” Policy/Regulation Fact Sheet“. For this Assignment, you will examine a recent nursing informatics-related healthcare policy and share relevant details via a fact sheet designed to inform and educate colleagues in your organization. First you want to concisely explain the policy/regulation you selected. Then you need to explain the impact of the policy/regulation on four areas:
- System implementation
- Clinical care
- Patient/provider interactions
Finally you will identify organizational policies and procedures that are or will be in place at your healthcare organization to address the policy/regulation you selected. Below are the instructions from Module 6.
It has come to my attention that the assignment rubrics do not specify the number and types of resources required for the following assignments:
Module 1: Week 2 Assignment
Module 2: Week 3 Assignment
Module 5: Week 10 Assignment
Module 6: Week 11 Assignment
The syllabus does require you to integrate credible, outside and course specific resources to demonstrate critical thinking and lend support to your ideas in your assignments. As a guide, you should integrate 3 or more peer-reviewed sources and 2 or more course resources for these four assignments. The full statement on assignments from the syllabus is also provided below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
2. Assignments: The Assignments provide you with the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge gained through the Learning Resources and the practicum experience. See the Assignment area of specific weeks for detailed descriptions of the assignments. In grading the required Assignments, your Instructor will be using rubrics located in the Course Information area.
Note: The course Assignments will require that you completely and accurately demonstrate critical thinking via assimilation and synthesis of ideas when using credible, outside and course specific resources (i.e. video, required readings, textbook), when comparing different points of view, highlighting similarities, differences, and connections, and/or when lending support to your Assignment responses.