Analyze U.S. healthcare policy structures and the role of the nursing leader as a change agent at the public policy table.
You will decide on a policy issue that needs to be addressed. You may choose a policy issue that interests you. Below are suggested topics for proposed policy change, however if you wish to address another topic please contact your instructor for approval:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Treatment of veterans after deployment and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Cost of end of life care.
- Costs of drugs in the United States as compared to other countries.
- Quarantine of health care workers that have been exposed to communicable diseases.
- Medical care for illegal immigrants.
- Right to die with euthanasia methods.
- Disclosure of medical records of pilots and other safety sensitive professionals and HIPAA violations.
- Restrictions of roles of nurse practitioners and advanced practice nurses in certain states.
- Health care reform.
- Requirements of meaningful use to meet core measures.
- ICD-10 issues.
- Entry into practice issues.
- Mandatory vaccination of children.
- Allowing nurses educated in other countries to practice in the United States.
- Faculty shortages in U.S. nursing education programs.
You will write a letter using professional business format to one of your Federal legislators outlining what the issue is and why it is important. The letter will address:
- The current policy structure.
- The need for the change.
- The suggested change.
- Cost implications if the change is implemented.
- The role the nurse as a change agent will take at the policy table.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA formatting and citation style.