Nursing And Workplace Violence
Your workplace has experienced some serious problems with workplace violence that occurred between patients and caregivers. A new initiative has been introduced to educate nurses, health care workers, and social services workers on how to prevent workplace violence. You have been asked to write an article on workplace violence and prevention measures for the hospital employee newsletter.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for scholarly and professional peer-reviewed articles on workplace violence. You will need at least five articles to use as support for your work on this assessment.
Write a 750–1,000-word article (3–4 pages) on workplace violence and prevention measures for the hospital employee newsletter. Address the following in your article:
- Identify the political, legal, and/or legislative factors that may contribute to violence in health care settings. Consider the types of patients that may be treated within a clinical or hospital setting.
- Compare OSHA regulations and the ANA position statement on workplace violence to organizational policies.
- Explain safety policies and protocols for preventing and responding to violence against health care workers.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: Cite a minimum of five resources, with the majority being peer-reviewed sources. Your reference list should be appropriate to the body of literature available on this topic that has been published in the past 5 years.
- APA format: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 750– 1,000 words or 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding title page and reference page. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.