LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Most of us are familiar with the role of a manager and that of a leader. We also know the functions each is expected to perform. However, there is a trend in the UK that puts managers in a different role. This trend is manager as coach (MAC) and will be the focus of this assignment. Before beginning the tasks, please read the following article:
Ladyshewsky, R. K. (2010). The manager as coach as a driver of organizational development. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 31(4), 292-306. doi: 10.1108/01437731011043320 (Link https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.trident.edu/docview/367126977/fulltextPDF/F0E4AD6A913D4A7DPQ/1?accountid=28844)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Homework Case Assignment
In a 3-page paper, answer the following questions:
- What is meant by the term manager as coach (MAC)?
- Is this role more appropriate for a leader or manager?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages regarding MAC?
- How does it fit with the other roles of a manager and leader?
- Would this be an effective tool in a health care setting as a leader? Why or why not?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your responses to each question.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 3 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/0