Gravida Parity assignment:
GTPA: stands for: gravida, term, preterm, abortions, living
Gravida: how many pregnancies a woman has had. Term how many pregnancies delivered that have reached or surpassed 37 weeks gestation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Term: how many pregnancies a woman has had that delivered at 37 weeks or greater.
Preterm: how many pregnancies between 20-36 6/7 weeks gestation.
Abortion: how many pregnancies have been lost at less than 20 weeks. Abortions also may be induced by a physician or spontaneously lost. This also refers to miscarriages.
Living: how many children are living now?
******Multiple births ( twins, triplets and higher order multiples) count as one birth.
!. This is a mom’s 1st pregnancy:
2. This is a mom’s 3rd pregnancy and she had an abortion at 8 weeks for the 1st pregnancy and a miscarriage at 10 weeks, she has no preterm deliveries or living children at present.
3. This is a mom’s 3rd pregnancy the first pregnancy delivered at 38 weeks gestation and the 2nd pregnancy was twins delivered at 37 weeks. 1 of those children died.
4. This is a mom’s 2nd pregnancy. She delivered twins at 37 weeks and both of the babies survived.
5. This is a mom’s 3rd pregnancy. She delivered triplets at 28 weeks and 1 of the babies survived. She had an elective abortion at 6 weeks.
6. This a woman’s 5 pregnancies. She had a birth at 40 weeks, another one at 39 5/7 weeks, she had a third one at 35 6/7 weeks and a 4th one at 36 5/7 weeks. She had one induced abortion at 10 weeks and has currently 4 living children.
7. A pregnant woman who carried one pregnancy to term with a surviving infant; carried one pregnancy to 35 weeks with surviving twins; she carried one pregnancy to 9 weeks as an ectopic ( tubal ) pregnancy; and has 3 living children.
8. A woman who has given birth at term once and has had one miscarriage at 12 weeks would be recorded as?
This assignment is worth 8 points. Use page 259 in your text book. Include 1-3 references.
APA is worth .5
Case 1 is worth .5
Cases 2-8 are worth 1 point each.