DNP: Emerging Areas Of Human Health
This is a continuation from part 1 of the Case Report
Topic: Case Report: Part 2
You will be creating a case report in stages over four course topics. This assignment will add to your previous work in Topic 2. Use an example from your own personal practice, experience, or own personal/family; however, simulated cases are not acceptable for practice hours and therefore not acceptable for this assignment. Examples might include a patient with Duchesne’s muscular dystrophy. Huntington’s disease, Down’s syndrome, sickle cell anemia, BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 mutations, or other genetic disorder that you and/or the organization you practice in may specialize in treating.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
For this assignment (Part 2 of the Case Report), write a 1,000-1,250 word paper incorporating genetics information learned from assigned readings in Topics 1-3. Include the following:
1. Describe if chromosomal analysis is/was indicated.
2. Detail the causes of the disorder.
3. Describe the disorder in terms of its origin as either a single gene inheritance, or as a complex inheritance and considerations for practice and patient education.
4. Analyze the gene mutation of the disease, as well as whether it is acquired or inherited, and how the mutation occurs.