consider the Four Prototypic Dimensions of Parenting
In your initial post, consider the Four Prototypic Dimensions of Parenting and address the following:
- Which style best describes the approach used by your parents/guardians when you were growing up?
- Which style do you (or would you) use with your children?
- What impact do you think the parenting-style you experienced growing up has had on you? Has it influenced (or would it influence) your style as a parent?
Be sure to support your responses and give examples.
This module introduces the topic of puberty and explores how children develop physically, psychosocially, and cognitively during this time. Often, parents/caregivers are not comfortable talking with children about the changes they experience during puberty and, consequently, leave children to figure things out on their own.
As a parent/guardian, what do you think would be important to tell a child about puberty? Describe at least one thing you would explain from each of the following categories:
- physical changes
- psychosocial changes
- cognitive changes
Explain the positive and negative aspects of the living arrangements for the elderly listed below. Be sure to thoroughly evaluate each option.
- Living in own home
- Living with their children
- Assisted living facility
- Nursing home with intermediate care
- Nursing home with skilled nursing care and make recommendations for healthy and disabled elderly
While life expectancies continue to increase, differences exist between men and women. As a general rule, women outlive men, yet there are a few countries where men survive longer than women.
- What are some reasons females outlive men in the United States and most countries of the world?
- What are some reasons that men outlive women in countries other than the United States?
- What are some of the factors that contribute to these gender differences?