James, P.A., Oparil, S., Carter, B. L., Cushman, W. C., Dennison-Himmelfard, C., Handler, J., … Ortiz, E. (2014). Evidence-based guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults: (JNC8). Journal of the American Medical Association, 311(5), 507-20. Retrieved from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1791497
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Clinical Practice Guideline (CPG) Instructions:
Disease & Background Student:
1) Identifies the disease condition
2) Gives a brief statement of incidence and prevalence in the US
3) The student briefly summarizes the disease pathophysiology and
4) Identifies the typical clinical presentation seen in a patient with the disease (4 critical elements).
· Exceptional- Student identifies the disease topic AND Student states the incidence and prevalence in the US AND Student provides a pathophysiology statement AND Student states the typical clinical presentation seen in a patient with the disease.
Publication & Applicability in Primary Care The student:
1) Identifies the author, organization or group that developed the CPG,
2) Student denotes the year of the original guideline publication,
3) Student identifies any subsequent revisions (student’s reference should be the most recent version), and
4) Student discusses the applicability for use of this CPG in the primary care setting (4 critical elements).
· Exceptional- Student presents a maximum of 5 relevant recommendations AND Student denotes the evidence strength for EACH recommendation AND Student discusses ONLY the ones applicable to primary care
Application in Clinical
1) Using an example of a patient from their clinical rotation with the same condition,
2) Student discusses how the diagnosis and treatment of their patient compared to the recommendations given in the guidelines, and
3). Specific examples of what was done well or what could have been done better is noted (3 critical elements).
· Exceptional- The student uses a patient example from their clinical setting with the same condition AND The student discusses how the diagnosis & treatment of their patient compared to those recommended in the guideline AND Specific examples are given on what was done well or what could have been done better (Make a patient up for this part)