Complete the Focused SOAP Note Template provided for the patient in the case study. Be sure to address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Subjective: What was the patient’s subjective complaint? What details did the patient provide regarding their history of present illness and personal and medical history? Include a list of prescription and over-the-counter drugs the patient is currently taking. Compare this list to the American Geriatrics Society Beers Criteria®, and consider alternative drugs if appropriate. Provide a review of systems.
- Objective: What observations did you note from the physical assessment? What were the lab, imaging, or functional assessments results?
- Assessment: Provide a minimum of three differential diagnoses. List them from top priority to least priority. Compare the diagnostic criteria for each, and explain what rules each differential in or out. Explain you critical thinking process that led you to the primary diagnosis you selected. Include pertinent positives and pertinent negatives for the specific patient case.
- Plan: Provide a detailed treatment plan for the patient that addresses each diagnosis, as applicable. Include documentation of diagnostic studies that will be obtained, referrals to other health-care providers, therapeutic interventions, education, disposition of the patient, caregiver support, and any planned follow-up visits. Provide a discussion of health promotion and disease prevention for the patient, taking into consideration patient factors, past medical history (PMH), and other risk factors. Finally, include a reflection statement on the case that describes insights or lessons learned.
- Provide at least three evidence-based peer-reviewed journal articles or evidenced-based guidelines, which relate to this case to support your diagnostics and differentials diagnoses. Be sure they are current (no more than 5 years old) and support the treatment plan in following current standards of care. Follow APA 7th edition formatting.
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED AND ORIGINAL ESSAY PAPERS
Week 7: Abdominal, Urinary, and Gynecological
Case 1: UTI
R.B. 95-year-old, white male, currently living in a skilled nursing facility (SNF)
Chief complaint: “My urine is really red.”
HPI: On Wednesday (2 days ago) the patient was brought to your clinic by his son and complained that his urine appeared to be bright red in color. You ordered labs, urinalysis, culture, and sensitivity, and the results are below.
Allergies: Penicillin: Hives
Medications: Tamsulosin 0.4 mcg, 2 capsules daily, Aspirin 325 mg daily, Atorvastatin 10 mg 1 tablet daily, Donepezil 10 mg 1 tablet PO QHS, Metoprolol 25 mg 0.5 mg tablet every 12 hours, Acetaminophen 500 mg 1 tablet BID
Code status: DNR Regular diet, pureed texture, honey-thickened liquids
Vitals: BP 122/70, HR 66, Temp 98.0 F, Resp 18, Pulse ox 98% Weight:____ BMI:____
PMH: Cognitive communication deficit, pneumonitis due to inhalation of food and vomit, dysphagia, R-side hemiplegia and hemiparesis past ischemic CVA, moderate vascular dementia, malignant neoplasm of prostate, new-onset atrial fibrillation (12/2019), DVT on left lower extremity, gross hematuria
RBC 3.53 (L)
Hemoglobin 10.2 (L)
Microscopic Analysis, Urine, straight Cath
WBC UA 42 (H) (0-5/ HPF)
RBC, UA >900 (H) (0-5/HPF)
Epithelial cells, urine 2 (0-4 /HPF)
Hyaline casts, UA 0 (0-2 /LPF)
Appearance (Urine) Clear
Ketones, UA Trace
Specific gravity 1.020 (1.005-1.025)
Blood, UA Large
PH, Urine 7.0 (5.0-8.0)
C&S results were not available yet.